We have a new Host!! I’m sure many of you have already met her, but Roshanda Cummings has joined our team as a Host. She comes to us after working with a variety of Hub organizations like the Connective and Collective Invention. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to her when she starts on Wednesday!
Team Academy has come to Hub SoMa! Team Academy is a revolutionary entrepreneurial business school founded in Finland where the students create their own team companies and learn by creating real life projects with real customers. Mondragon Team Academy is the unit of entrepreneurship inside Mondragon University (Spain), and during the month of April, 26 students will be in Hub Soma. All are invited to their design session in the Boardroom all day on April 14.
Hub Clubs are picking up steam!
- Spanish club met for the first time last week, and enjoyed some lunch together while chatting en Español. If you are interested in a weekly Spanish get together, join the list here to get updates.
- Hub Futbol started the spring pickup season last Wednesday, and although enthusiasm far surpassed skills, much fun was had. The club will be meeting every Wednesday at 6pm, and will trade off between Berkeley and SoMa locations, so join here to keep updated on location. This Wednesday, 4/6 will be at Hub Berkeley.
- Sustainable Commercial Urban Agriculture Club is raring to get going, so join here if you are interested in attending their first meeting, coming soon.
- Brew club has been threatening to hold their first meeting, but has been thus far shown up by the consistently popular whiskey club, so join them here to help build some momentum for home brewing!
Hub SoMa expansion is happening! We now have signed the lease and will be building out 10,000 sq. ft on the second floor. We will be opening 14 new offices this summer!! We want to thank everyone in the community for your support as we’ve grown over the last 11 months. Anyone interested in an office, please fill out the form at tinyurl.com/huboffice.
Of everyone who reads this, I like you the best.
- Hub SoMa Workbench: Thursday April 7: Marketing your Social Venture? Tips & Tools to get you started RSVP: http://marketinghublab.eventbrite.com This lab will review the various functions of Marketing within an organization. Introduce key management tools. Help lay the foundation of an early stage marketing strategy. And offer a check list and a short How-To tips to get the you started.