Obama just finished up his State of the Union address with an initial emphasis on Innovation (he actually said some form of the word like 27 times). There isn’t a better word to describe what is happening here at the Hub, so, I’m pretty sure that means Obama will be visiting soon. But don’t quote me on that.
I wanted to start by thanking everyone for their immense support for Hub Ventures. Both info sessions were packed and the applications have already started rolling in. If you haven’t heard of this innovative approach to funding start ups in The Hub, please check it out:
- For basic information, visit the website
- Deadline for submissions is Sunday, February 13
- For more information, email email@example.com
Yoga at The Hub: On February 7, we at the Hub would like to help you stretch outside of the box (I write these myself you know). We are launching Yoga at the Hub and we’re kicking it off with an evening of Yoga, dinner and artistic revelry. Go here to RSVP!!
Finally, Hub Labs are in full swing. With an exciting Tax lab last week with Rebecca Bailin (no foolin), things are just getting started. We have labs coming up on “Partnerships Stories”, “Non-Profit vs. For-Profit,” and “Is being a B-Corp right for you.” Watch the calendar, and these emails, for more, but here is what we have next week:
- Tuesday, February 1: Sytematic Thinking for Social Impact Hub Lab – This session will briefly describe the Systemic Thinking approach, why it is useful, and how it can be implemented. The presentation will introduce systemic thinking and some tools that employ its principles. Spaces are limited here as it’s in the Hubble, please RSVP here
- Thursday, February 3: MindTime: A New Model for Understanding People – Join John Furey for this fascinating and highly acclaimed talk on the new frontier of human psychology, mapping the way we all think and interact with the world around us. To participate fully go to www.mindtimemaps.com/hub and complete the simple, 4-minute online profile. Please RSVP here
Of everyone who reads this, I like you the best.