Hub Bay Area is happy to be a sponsor of the Nonprofit Career Conference coming up on June 29.
Opportunity Knocks in partnership with the YNPNsfba (Young Nonprofit Professionals Network – San Francisco Bay Area chapter) are proud to present a day of workshops and consultative sessions to help you improve your job and nonprofit career development strategies and job-seeking skills.
Led by experienced and qualified career consultants, nonprofit leaders and subject matter experts you will learn how to become more competitive in the nonprofit job marketplace.
You get a full day of training and consultations that will provide you with the skills needed to:
- Analyze your resume and job search strategies
- Assess your employability skills
- Understand the current landscape of the nonprofit sector
- Determine a nonprofit career path
- Transition from the for profit to nonprofit sector
Format of the Conference
This full day will consist of 4 Workshops plus all-day Consulting Stations to give participants individual sessions with career consultants, nonprofit educators and subject matter experts in the Bay Area community.
Featured Workshop Speakers
- Janelle Cavanagh, Executive Director of the University of California Press Foundation
- Colin Lacon, President & CEO Northern California Grantmakers
- Nelson Layag, Project Director with CompassPoint Nonprofit Services
- Sherry Platt Berman, Owner S.W.I.T.C.H. Careers and The Career Wisdom Institute
- Mauri Schwartz, President and CEO of Career Insiders
For more information or to register, click here.
When: June 29, 2010 – Tuesday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Where: Cal State East Bay’s Oakland Center, 1000 Broadway – Suite 109 , Oakland CA 94607